Monday, September 7, 2009

Done!?

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has been busy with summer fun and the beginning of school. Honestly, it's difficult to remember to blog when life "seems" to be going along with some sense of normalcy. Mom has been doing very well...living life with unbelievable courage! She finished chemo on August 27th which, strangely enough, has been a bitter sweet experience. "Sweet" with the excitement of NO more poison being pumped into Mom's body..."Bitter" with the fear of "what next?"

While we desire to maintain a peaceful faith that Mom IS cured, fear is trying to rear it's ugly head into our world. Please pray that we can truly rest in the peace of Jesus...the peace He promised us when He said, "Peace I leave with you, My own peace I give you; a peace the world cannot give, this is My gift to you. Let not your hearts be troubled or afraid."

Mom has lab work tomorrow (Sept. 7) and a CT scan on Thursday, Sept. 10. We are expecting a clear scan and would truly appreciate all your prayers this week as Mom goes through these tests.

A friend reminded me a few weeks ago that "Faith is the opposite of fear. " With this in mind we intend to battle our fears with prayer!

Blessings to all!
I promise to keep the blog updated a little better!

Ginger

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so glad to hear an update since I haven't had a chance to chat with you at school and have only heard through others how it is going. YAY! for no more chemo treatments and I will be praying for her tests this week. God works his miracles in the midst of our doubt and because of it our faith grows stronger. God bless her! I hope to talk to you soon!!! Hope the start of school is going well for you. We miss you!! :)

    ReplyDelete