I know it's been a while since I updated the blog. Quite honestly we have all just been so busy enjoying Frannie and catching our breath for the next leg of this journey. I have cherished every moment since Frannie arrived. She is yet another glimpse of God's great mercy!
Mom continues to improve a little each day. She had a follow-up doctor's appointment today which was loaded with information. Her leg is still not working like it should and her oncologist has set up an appt. with a neurologist next week. Please pray for encouraging news at this appointment. Otherwise, the doctor was impressed with how well her body is healing from the surgery.
The pathologist report from her surgery revealed a very tiny tumor in her fallopian tube that had not been detected on the CT scan. Therefore, they believe that she is actually dealing with fallopian tube cancer instead of ovarian cancer. However, the doctor said it is all treated basically the same way. Since the remaining tumors in her body are all so small, the oncologist feels that she is a great candidate for a more aggressive form of chemo. Although slightly harder on the body, it does have a greater survival rate....so, let the battle begin!
It's looking like her first of 6 chemo cycles will begin at the end of April. First, she has to have two ports put in (chest and abdomen) ...sometime in the next two weeks. These will be used to administer the chemo. This is another surgery, though pretty minor from what I understand. She will have chemo on the 1st, 2nd, and 9th day of every 21-day-cycle. Confusing...I know. I need to get a whole new planner for her to keep up with all these dates. :)
So, our path is a little stormy right now as we charter these unknown waters...new plans, new medical terms, more surgeries, more doctors, and chemo. Through it all, I will continue to praise Him in this storm! I have to remind myself to take things one day at a time, or I might miss the moments of sunshine and whispers of peace that God so graciously sends each day. Just to name a few: Mom's courage and determination; my sisters; our dear family; your many prayers and kind words of support; my precious class of 4-5 year olds who can erase all your anxiety within minutes; the countless cards, offers of help, support, food, etc.; the "newness" of the Easter season that brings such hope...
God is in control. I will rest in His merciful promises.
Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ginger,
ReplyDeletePlease let your Mom know she and you guys are in our thoughts and prayers and let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do or help with!
Tell her Ashley specifically said "I hope you don't grow purple nose hair!"...a sentiment often offered by "Mrs. D" to her third grade class!
Happy Easter!
Mary (Bertotti), Darin, Ashley and Timothy Littrell
Praying for you and your Mom regularly, and awed by your great attitude!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
Paula
Kay D. is simply one of the funniest, warmest, and most energetic people I know. I'm one of her fans! Thanks for your blog and I'm following it with interest.
ReplyDeleteCheryl Mays
Tell Kay I love her and she is in my prayers everyday. Ginger, This is a beautiful site you are maintaining for your MOM. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI will add Kay to the St. Philip Pray warrior list tonight. God Bless all of you.
Helen Alexander
Hi Ginger! Thank you so much for the updates...I am continuing to pray for you all. Please let me or Karen Summerford know when you may want a break...we can cook!! We would love to bring supper anytime you need it. You have my email address. My cell is 615-4790707. Love you. Mary Ellen McNally
ReplyDelete