Monday, March 30, 2009

Home!

Mom is home from the hospital...a nice birthday present indeed! We'll celebrate later...but for now we are thanking God for Mom's 71 years and praising Him for the gift she is in our lives. It's a quiet night here and a refreshing glimpse into the "ordinary." I love "ordinary!"

Marte left tonight. For those of you who don't know, Marte is Mom's "first born" and my "big sister." She was an incredible help this week as she has literally lived at the hospital since Thursday night. She only lives about 3 hours away so she will be home again this weekend.

Kathy, "the baby in the family," has just recently moved back to Nashville with her husband and two little boys. You might call it "perfect timing"...I like to call it divine intervention. A perfect example that God always gives us what He knows we need!

Mom continues to heal minute by minute. Her leg is definitely improving!
Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Good night :)

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY & WELCOME HOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to know you're home. Happy belated birthday! May you have many "ordinary" moments at home today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay,
    We will pray for you tonight at Why Catholic. We miss you and love hearing these good reports.
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to Kay!! I am close by if you need anything-Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. She and all of you are in my prayers. =) Love you guys!

    Cati

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginger,

    Here is the song Blessed Assurance with beautiful pictures and verses.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQDkK43ohk

    I love all of you and I am praying for all of you.

    Please know I am here for you.. Just call..

    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete