Well, I've officially entered the blogging world. I've always wanted to take the leap...just not for these reasons. I've created this blog to keep family and friends updated as we all embark on Mom's journey to overcome ovarian cancer. Over the past week we have come to realize that our lives will never be the same. Our new normal includes cancer, tests, ct scans, good news, bad news, more tests, surgeries, chemo, unknowns, waiting, and prayer...prayer...prayer. Our lives have changed dramatically but our God remains the same...yesterday, today, and forever. He loves us more than we can imagine and He will hold us up through all of life's difficult moments.
The blog is named "Blessed Assurance" because that is one of Mom's favorite hymns. We love blaring it in the car and singing at the top of our lungs! Can't you all just picture Mom singing, "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God. Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood. This is my story, this is my song. Praising my Savior all the day long. This is my story, this is my song. Praising my Savior all the day long!"
Please keep Mom in your prayers.
Blessings to all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ginger, my prayers are with your family. Sorry, you all have to go through all of this. Let me know if you need anything day or night.
ReplyDeleteThe McClintock Family,
Denise, Robbie & Robert
Just got back from Mass - your were in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteCoCo
How blessed Kay is to have such a wonderful family. I love the picture of her and her grandchildren...how happy she looks. Thanks for the update. I know it takes time, but we appreciate all the news. Kay is constantly on our minds and in our prayers. Mary Ellen and Jim McNally
ReplyDelete